Friday, August 24, 2007

No mushy-gushy stuff.

Kevin Smith, sir, I had an interesting conversation with my daughter last night. She's eight, just like Harley. In fact they were born less than two months apart.

Anyway, the conversation went like this:

"Daddy, when Hollywood discovers you only make movies I can watch. Nothing scary and no mushy-gushy stuff. If you need ideas you can come to me."
I like the fact she used the word when, not if. That means it's going to happen, sir. My little girl is watching out for me.

Of course I have always taken this type of advice. While I don't write children's stories, per se, I try to keep it family oriented without being juvenile. Stuff the adults will enjoy but not quickly throw their hands over their children's ears or eyes, PG or PG-13 stuff. Maybe even a G rating or two (although that seems to be the death of a film these days unless its animated).

Well, my baby girl is watching out for her Daddy just like I'm sure yours looks out for you.

No comments: